During the telehealth consultation, we discuss your pet’s condition and try to determine if the time has come to end its suffering. Here are some questions you should be thinking about:
- Does my pet have a terminal illness? Have we exhausted medical options?
- What is my pet’s quality of life? Is he/she in pain? Having seizures? Incontinent? No longer eating or drinking? Acting depressed? Unresponsive to family members?
- When the time approaches, can a veterinarian help ease my pet’s discomfort or pain? How can the vet help me make my pet more comfortable at home?
- How do I prepare myself and my children to say goodbye to a beloved pet?
- How do we deal with our grief? Is help available after this loss?
Before calling us, most pet parents find jotting down observations about their pet’s recent behavior and questions they want to ask during the conversation very helpful. Remember, Halo At Home is here to listen and advise you.